Art on the Rocks is partnering with Marquette Mountain Resort, Lake Superior Art Association, and the City of Marquette Office of Arts & Culture for the first ever Art on the Mountain!
Art on the Mountain is made possible thanks to the support of the good folks at Travel Marquette! For more information about Travel Marquette, and for great resources to help plan your stay, visit https://www.travelmarquette.com/
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
Saturday, September 11:
11:00am-6:00pm: Art on the Mountain Art Fair and daytime activities
6:30pm-9:00pm: Live music by local surf rock legends Ramble Tamble, drinking, dancing, bonfires, and evening portion of the art fair
Sunday, September 12:
11:00am-3:00pm (**updated time**): Art on the Mountain Art Fair and daytime activities
5:00pm-9:00pm: 24th Annual City of Marquette Art Awards Ceremony and Reception
Art on the Mountain is a free, weekend-long event including:
- An art fair, featuring booths by over thirty local and regional artists
- Art activities for kids, hosted by Shape & Sound Arts Academy
- Face painting by Jessica Mariin Glomp (Fresh Coast Beauty) and Stephanie Mosteller
- A silent art auction in the T-Bar, to benefit the Lake Superior Art Association's annual programming
- Live music by Marquette-area surf rockstars Ramble Tamble on Saturday evening from 6:30pm-9:00pm, along with bonfires and an evening leg of the art fair
- Free books on Saturday, courtesy of Melissa Derby and the Read UP Bookmobile
- Full-service, cash bar at the Marquette Mountain Resort T-Bar
Marquette Mountain Resort will also have their Snowfield chairlift operating on Saturday from 11:00am-7:00pm and Sunday from 12:00pm-4:00pm to bring patrons to the top of the Mountain to enjoy one of the best views in Marquette and hike or bike down. The chairlift is $10.00 to ride up and hike down, or $20.00 for unlimited chairlift access. Lift or bike passes may be purchased ahead of time at shop.marquettemountain.com to save time at the event. PLEASE NOTE: the chairlift does not bring patrons back down. The trail back down the mountain is about a 1.2 mile hike down Weasels Gulch.
The weekend will conclude on Sunday evening from 5:00pm-9:00pm with the 24th Annual City of Marquette Art Awards ceremony and reception, honoring individuals and organizations that have made outstanding contributions to arts and culture in Marquette.
Featured artists at the Art on the Mountain Art Fair include:
Arthur Bartkowiak, Chelsey Bassett, Gene Bertram, Christy Beulah Budnick, Ben Bohnsack, Alesia Braund, Lisa Colwell, Beatrix Cromwell, JoAnn Deuel Shelby, Cindy Engle, John French, Kelly Gilligan, Shantina Hatfield, Carrie Hensel, J. Marc Himes, Elaine P. Hommowun, Julie Martinson, Mindy Kantola, Jaquelyn Lambert, Alexis Losee, Jamie Monty, Stephanie Mosteller, Anne Rabe, Nicole Ries, Christopher Schmidt, Nicole Sekloch, Leif Sporck, Kira Treloar, Gail Vansledright, Danielle White, Don Wilson, and Marlene Wood.