RECONNECTING OUR COMMUNITY THROUGH A SHARED LOVE OF THE ARTS
Art on the Rocks™ has grown to one of the finest art shows in the country, attracting over 100 artists and 10,000 attendees each year during the last full weekend in July. In 2023, we will be celebrating our 63rd annual fine art show at Mattson Lower Harbor Park, sandwiched between Marquette’s historic downtown and the Harbor Lighthouse on beautiful Lake Superior the weekend of July 29-30, 2023.
Future dates include the 64th Annual on July 27-28, 2024 and the 65th Annual on July 26-27, 2025.
To maintain the tradition of excellence, 30% of the show is made up of artists invited based on a scoring system used by our previous show judges and the other 70% selected through a jury process held in April.
Reunions, vacations, and other events are scheduled to ensure that a visit to Art on the Rocks can be the focal point of a trip to the Upper Peninsula, specifically Marquette in late July. This celebration of art and talent has been an important component of every summer for over a half a century for those who live or visit in this area.