Peter White Public Library
Peter White Public Library (PWPL) is located on the corner of Front and Ridge Streets near downtown Marquette, Michigan. Founded in 1871, the Peter White Public Library has served Marquette area residents for more than a century.
Peter White Library is the largest public library in the fifteen counties of Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. Service contracts with Chocolay, Ewing, Marquette, Sands, Skandia, Turin, Wells and West Branch Townships have added to the area that is served by PWPL. Its service population, including the City of Marquette and the nine surrounding contracted townships, has grown to over 36,000 people. The number of library card holders has increased from approximately 6,500 in 1958 to more than 22,700 today.