The LIVE Art & Word Contest was suggested by a high school student in 2020 as a way to engage other students, encourage positive mental health and break the stigma surrounding mental health issues by giving others the opportunity to showcase their talents.
The Grand Prize for this year’s contest is $500, with six additional cash prizes including 1st and 2nd place prizes in each of the following categories: Visual Art, Written Word, Song/Dance/Theater. We are able to offer cash prizes thanks to our generous sponsors. Please scroll down to see this year’s sponsors. If you would like to become a sponsors, please send a 2022 Art & Word Sponsorship Form to email@example.com.
The LIVE Art & Word Contest is open to all high school students across the UP. Please carefully read the 2022/23 LIVE Art & Word Rules and Guidelines before submitting your entry. You can access the entry forms HERE
- The contest is open to any high school student in Upper Michigan, including homeschool students and those studying virtually.
- Students may enter any form of original artwork, including, but not limited to: poetry, collage, song, photography, sculpture, graphic art, jewelry, quilting, dance, printmaking, mosaic, theater, painting . . .
- Each entry must address the theme: Mental Health Awareness.
- Entries must be created between September 15, 2022 and February 15, 2023.
- Students may enter up to three (3) submissions into the contest. A completed LIVE Art & Word Entry Form must be submitted with each entry. Each entry must be submitted separately. However, only one entry is eligible for a monetary prize.
- A completed LIVE Art & Word Contest Entry Form must be submitted by Wednesday, February 15, 2023.
- WESP is partnering with the Peter White Public Library in Marquette to hold a display of the LIVE Art & Word Contest art work submissions in May of 2023. Your participation in the art display is optional, but we would love to feature all entries.
INDIVIDUAL ENTRY FORM
TEAM ENTRY FORM